Pillars of Pine

Pillars of Pine

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Striving for Success in 2012

Last weekend, I went through my wardrobe, and ditched half of my clothes.  The reason?  They’re simply too big!

Yep, after nine years of trying and failing, trying and failing, I’ve finally found my groove with my diet and exercise plan, and over the past nine weeks, I’ve lost about eleven  kilos. 

It is so good to finally have found my stride – I’m feeling great, sleeping well, and am gaining back a little of my self-confidence, which has, quite honestly, been completely shattered these past few years.  I've not yet lost enough for people to really notice - haven't had any of the 'have you lost weight?' questions yet, but it takes time.  One thing I have really notcied is my mental clarity - like I'm finally beginning to 'wake up' after years of a foggy brain and feeling lethargic.  And that in itself has made the effort worthwhile.

The Protein Power Plan was a huge success for me about eleven years ago, however, a very rough pregnancy and other matters led to the weight returning.  It’s amazing how tough it’s been to find ‘my groove’ again, but I finally feel as if I’m getting there. 

Together with the Protein Power Plan, I’m exercising about an hour each day – first, it was only with the exercise bike, as I have a heel spur, which prevented me from walking.  However, after loosing about five kilos, I was able to begin using the treadmill as well.  It’s quite bizarre, actually – I now look forward to my daily walk, when I can head off with my Ipod and take some time out. 

There is a long way to go, and I’m under no illusions.  For someone who is was my size, there is no ‘quick fix’, and it will take more than a few months to reach my goal.  There will no doubt be plateaus along the way, times when I’ll feel like smashing those scales, and times where temptations of my ‘old’ way of life will get to me (like it did last weekend - oops), but I intend to take things a day at a time, and to keep reminding myself that ‘success is simply getting up one more time than you fall’.   I'm keeping that end goal in sight, and will get there - no matter how long it takes.  

Linda.




1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Wow! Way to go girl! Losing weight like that is never easy. You must feel so proud of yourself.