Pillars of Pine

Pillars of Pine

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Camp Willochra - Day Two


To begin the day, the teens headed off for a hike up Mount Remarkable. Some rather keen adults and young children followed along a little later, and the rest of us settled down for a cuppa, a chat and some board games.  After an hour or so, some of the campers then headed into Melrose to have a look around the town.

A couple of hours later, I telephoned the teens to ask if everyone was still alive.  When I received and enthusiastic, ‘No!’, I figured all was well!   Eventually they returned – mostly fine, but with a few bumps and bruises here and there.  They’d had a good climb, and some of them had even reached the very top.

The afternoon was spent either relaxing, playing games or at a craft workshop.  After dinner, it was time for the ‘Quiz Night’, hosted by yours truly and my trusty sidekick, Margaret.  That was an effort!  It was the first time I’d run a quiz night, but I think all went well, and the general consensus was that there were a good variety of questions – some easy, some more difficult, and others, well….  Interesting!  My favourite question of the night was:  “According to the 2001 UK Census, how many Britons stated ‘Jedi Knights’ as their religion?”   I’ll leave the answer to that one in the comments section in a day or two!

After the ‘Marshmallows’ team took out the ultimate prize for the night, out came the broomstick, and the line up for ‘Limbo’ began.  I gotta say, it’s amazing how flexible some people are!  Some of the girls especially amazed us with their abilities to simply flip themselves backward!  My friend Jacqui and I sat back and enjoyed the show, and..  er… threw some entertainment back at them by singing (at the top of our voices) along to several of our favourite ‘eighties’ songs. 

 
 


And that was Day Two.  Successful, relaxed, and a whole lot of fun.


Linda.


No comments: