Pillars of Pine

Pillars of Pine

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My Word for 2012

Several of my friends suggested creating a 'word' for the year. Something that reflects your goals and plans for the year, and can help keep you on track when times are tough.

This year, I want to lead my children by being an example, rather than 'do what I say, not what I do'. I do have some definite goals I want to achieve, as well as books to read, and things I want to do. I am also determined to no longer wait around for other people who promise much, but deliver little, and wherever possible, take the initiative, and tackle the task myself.

Last year was a struggle; many things happened in my life that made reaching some of my goals almost impossible. Health-wise, it's still a battle, which includes my right foot, which screams in complaint after only a small amount of use.

However, I've decided that this year, my word will be 'Action'.  I refuse to be defeated any longer, and even a little bit of exercise, paperwork or housework can achieve a great deal, if done consistently, every day.

So, that's it - ACTION. Each day, taking steps towards my goals, no matter how small those steps may be. I'm sure there are times it'll seem like there is a whole mountian to climb, but I will keep in mind that even if this action is just little-by-little, and day-by-day, things will be just fine. I will do what I can, and no longer worry about what I cannot do.

:)

Linda.

No comments: