Pillars of Pine

Pillars of Pine

Friday, January 13, 2012

Fabulous Friday

Fabulous Friday Happenings:

1.  We finally put up our badminton net.  After six years of waiting, I grabbed this morning to put it up myself.  After organising its position, etc., I did call in the 'man-power' to help with the hammering, but it's now up, and has been put to good use! 


2.  We have set a date for music exams.  Our dd needs to register by March 2nd, and the exams will take place in May.  This will be her first 'official' examination, so now it's time to put the work in!

3.  Our new carpets have been ordered.  After 11 years of living in this house, still with the same carpets from...   er....  the seventies???   We are finally replacing the carpet in my room and the teenagers' room.  Fortunately, we have been asked to remove all furniture and pull up the carpet before the workers arrive on the day;  it would have been a bit embarrasing if they got to see the old carpets - one is so worn that there is virtually nothing left!  It'll be lovely to have these replaced.


4.  I have ordered a right-handed archery bow.  We purchased a left-handed one last year for our 'lefties', and it is good, although a little tough to pull back.  I've now ordered a right-handed one for myself and the younger girls, with a lesser poundage.  Let the games begin!


5.  I have space on my bookshelves!  Yep, after removing a heap of books yesterday, we re-arranged the school room so that the science books have a shelf, the history books have their shelf, etc., and we are even left with a little extra space (which no doubt I'll work on soon enough).


6.  I received in the mail today the last of our curriculum purchases:  an 8-hour miniseries on Captain Cook, and one on Burke and Wills.  I didn't even know these existed until recently, so I'm looking forward to seeing what they are like.


7.  I found the confirmation sashes.  I've been looking for these for a while, and after a prayer last night to St. Anthony, it finally occurred to me where they may be.  It took me the whole of 1 minute this morning to locate them!  We will have up to four children this year for confirmation - dates yet to be confirmed.
.
8.  And finally, while we were waiting for help in selecting our carpet, we purchased a DVD from the bargain shelf - 'Bird on a Wire', with Mel Gibson.  I'd not seen it in years - but it is one funny movie, and I'm very much looking forward to putting my feet up after our successful day, and having a laugh.






Linda.


No comments: