Pillars of Pine

Pillars of Pine

Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Secret Rainforest, Part 1

It's been quite a while since I have been able to complete a painting, and I've been desperately wanting to pull out my paints once more. I'd begun this painting a few months ago, but finally, I took some time out to finish it.

This painting is called, 'The Secret Rainforest', and it comes from a painting step-by-step DVD by Len Hend. Len is a fantastic artist, and I have several of his instructional DVDs. I've still several to work through, but they teach painting in a very different way - very hands-on, and he encourages generosity with your paints, applying it thickly, and quickly. He gives a full demonstration of each painting, and you paint right along with him. Of course, I had to stop the DVD on several occasions to catch up - he painted the one below in around 30 minutes - but it took me a little longer...


The Secret Rainforest, Part I

It looks just beautiful in a black frame; I'm quite chuffed with it!

And now the really good news! I've just discovered that Len is now offering free lessons on his web-site! If you've ever wanted to paint, especially Australian landscapes, I'd highly recommend you check it out:


where you'll find the sixteen free painting exercises, as well as the currently available DVDs. They make a wonderful gift, too, should you be looking for something for the person who 'has it all'. The exercises can be used by a complete beginner, and also by the more experienced artist.

Well, there is a 2nd painting on the 'Secret Rainforest' DVD, I wonder if I can find some more time, to make a start on it?

Linda.

1 comment:

Kelly Casanova said...

It's a beautiful painting, no wonder you're pleased with it!