Pillars of Pine

Pillars of Pine

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A New Appreciation

I've discovered that hurting one's back can certainly lead to a new appreciation of life.

It's amazing how difficult simple tasks become - getting out of bed, dressing, and simply walking from one room to another. And as for putting on shoes..... forget it!

I thought I might be down for a day or so, but it seems I've done more damage than that. I've taken to sleeping on the couch, as it is easier for me to pull myself up and off it than out of bed. It was easier this morning than yesterday, but it still hurt - however, I'm very thankful for my wheat bags, let me tell ya.

So for now, I literally 'potter' along, taking each day at a time. One more benefit of homeschooling - we adjust according to the circumstances, and the children are home to help me out when I need it. I'm certainly zooming through my book - but I'm loooking forward to being able to head out for a walk very soon.

Linda.

No comments: